Ascension Athletes is looking for a Director of Talent Identification (“Director”) to lead recruiting and networking efforts across California, Arizona, Utah, Oregon, Washington state, and British Columbia. The ideal applicant will possess a high level of understanding of the American professional soccer landscape, as well as strong interpersonal and organizational skills. The successful candidate will own a recruitment database and plan active steps to optimize professional relationships on the West Coast.
Applicants with a technical background, either as a coach or former player, looking for professional agency experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Create and maintain a scouting and recruiting network among academies, colleges, and professional clubs across the West Coast
- This will be achieved by attending matches and training sessions, watching film and tracking players and teams via statistics, and communicating with and meeting with coaches, parents, scouts, front office personnel, and players.
- Maintaining, in coordination with Ascension Athletes, a database of recruiting targets and planning active steps to further the recruitment process for each target
- Serve as Ascension Athletes’ point of contact with recruited clients. This includes developing and maintaining a personal relationship with the client throughout their career, and may include an active role in processes such as contract negotiations, endorsement deals, etc.
- 2+ years experience working within the U.S. soccer industry; strongly prefer applicants with technical background at the professional level
- Self-motivated, with strong industry acumen to pursue opportunities efficiently and effectively
- Demonstrated understanding of the American professional soccer landscape, particularly at the developmental level
- Forward-thinking, with a passion for growing professional soccer in the U.S.
- Empathetic, trustworthy, and compassionate. Committed to representing Ascension Athletes and presenting yourself in a personable, professional manner to players, families, scouts, coaches, and front-office personnel
Travel and Compensation:
This position requires frequent (>50%) travel across California, Arizona, Utah, Oregon, Washington state, and British Columbia. Applicants residing on the West Coast are strongly preferred.
This is a contract position, for which the Director will be compensated on a commission basis. Aside from regularly scheduled communications with Ascension Athletes management, the day-to-day schedule is flexible and up to the Director’s discretion.
To apply: Applicants should e-mail their cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Director of Talent Identification, West Coast